Thursday, April 26, 2012

What is the consequences of dying your hair lighter with a perm?

I have curly brown hair. I am black, so I get relaxer (aka perm). My hair goes down to my mid-back. I want to get a relaxer, cut it shoulder lengnth, and straighten it. After that (like a week later), I want to dye it. I know you can dye it darker, but not lighter. So when you dye it lighter, what would happen to it? I am going to ask my hair dresser, but I would kind of like to know now, so I can plan what I will do with my hair. Thanks in advance.



What is the consequences of dying your hair lighter with a perm?

OK, I don't have the sme type of hair you do, but I have been dying my hair for a long time. I do know through talking to my hairdresser that over dying your hair can have horrible results. If you are planning on bleaching---don't, especially if your hair is dark and you want it to be blonde. Since you already relax your hair, too much chemical activity on it will fry it bad, and if you have issues with it not being smooth or soft then dying it again will make it way! worse.



Try something maybe a month after you get it relaxed and cut, by then it should have "calmed" down enough to not cause too much damage. Hope I could help.

No comments:

Post a Comment