Friday, April 27, 2012

What is appropriate and/or expected?

I live in a small town and have always cut my own hair and my daughters' hair. My two oldest daughters however are getting older and they would like to go to a salon to get their hair cut. I'm all for it. I could use the break. :)



My question is what is an appropriate tip to give the hair dresser? Is it expected? I'm new at this but don't want to appear so. :) I appreciate the help you are giving me.



Thanks and God bless!



What is appropriate and/or expected?

Most haircuts these day run about $10 to $15, depending on the place and the stylist. Some could be less, some can be more.



What is appropriate and/or expected?

If the hairdesser does a good job and listens to what is wanted in the cut and style, I tip 20%, as the service gets worse so does the tip.



What is appropriate and/or expected?

Tipping at the hairdresser's can sometimes involve more than one person. Here are some general guidelines which should help you when you are visitng the hairdresser.



In most businesses, the owner is not tipped. One exception is the hairdresser. If your hairdresser is the owner of a small shop, then it is acceptable to tip her or him if she or he charges the same amount as the other stylists there. If the owner charges more, then a tip is left to your discretion since you are already paying more for her or his service. If you are not certain if the owner charges more, call ahead and ask.



Tip the hairdresser twenty percent of the total bill if you are having a cut, color, permanent or other time-consuming treatment.



Tip fifteen percent of the bill if you are only having a wash and blow dry.



Tip two dollars to the shampoo person if, he or she is not doing your other work.



What is appropriate and/or expected?

It depends on whether or not they were nice and listened to the way you wanted your hair done. If its under $20, then $8 is good. usually $2 intrivals more for every $10 over $20. make sense- so if its $30, then tip $10 and so on.



What is appropriate and/or expected?

As a stylist anything is appreciated. Whatever you feel comfortable with.



What is appropriate and/or expected?

I normally base my tips on these:



How did they recieve you when you walked in? Happy or ignore you?



The stylists mood? (did she rush or not care?)



Did they offer any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment